Friday, October 7, 2016

A Special Stocking

One of my goals for September--Memento Stocking--finished!


Last seen during fabric auditions. I showed some of my color ideas to the recipient, and she gave me carte blanche.  As long as I used the pocket and name tape from the uniform of the Marine being honored, she had no opinion about the rest--yay, who doesn't love picking fabrics?

This stocking was made using my tutorial. I have had a great time personalizing each stocking I make for a specific recipient, and using special, meaningful materials.


I used part of a sleeve from the uniform to make a bias strip for the toe detail.  I also added batting to the cuff to make it feel more substantial.

Name obscured for the family’s sake
I felt so very honored to make an item that will remind the family of their fallen loved one.


Linking up with Finish it Up Friday, hosted this week by Sarah at Georgia Girl Quilts.  Happy to have a finish(!) and to check out marvelous, motivating work by others.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. The momento stocking is something the family will surely cherish. You've done a lovely job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be treasured ! It's wonderful. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete