Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sulky Sews Cardstock

The wedding sewing is winding down.  Just have hemming of a pair of pants, and tacking the straps on a junior bridesmaid dress left.


But meanwhile, I am abusing my sewing machine: 100 program booklets, bindings sewn on my trusty Singer


Sweetie saw some Pinterest inspiration, and we were off.  With a book-themed wedding, it seemed fitting to put everything we wanted to say to our guests into a "book" instead of a more traditional program.  (And how is this book getting bound?  Why, the sewing girlfriend, of course!)  The booklet ended up being 3 folded half-sheets of paper, plus cardstock covers front and back.  For those keeping count, that's 8+ layers.  My sewing machine did not mind too terribly much. 

Got shiny?  Coats & Clark (left) vs. Sulky
Just switched to a topstitching needle, and used Sulky thread.  I chose the Sulky because the color was so vibrant.  Did not have any troubles with thread breaking or snarling, so I was pleased with my choice.


I like how unique this feels.  Totally "us".



No comments:

Post a Comment