Monday, June 23, 2014

Love Inspiration

So many ideas, not enough lifetimes to complete them!

Saw this version of an abstract LOVE, when it was linked up to TGIFF.  Vera, the intrepid blogger at Negligent Style, thoughtfully provided a link to her previous projects using this design.

She also pointed out that this idea came from a Jason Mraz video.  A quick Google image search on "Jason Mraz love" yielded page after page of the same design:


And there you have it: a perfect marriage of Geometry and text, just waiting to become a pieced design on a modern quilt.

If, by chance, I come to the finish line of summer-sewing-on-deadline, I might just try this out.  Maybe on placemats?  Jess at Elven Garden is holding a sew-along for FMQ, and I desperately need to polish/practice my FMQ, if I'm ever gonna get outta the starting gate on that skill.

Elven Garden Quilts

Parking lot for now; possibility of making it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment