Monday, February 10, 2014

Power-Less

Pretty Yet Dangerous: ice (on bamboo & clothesline)
Our weather was crazy over the weekend: ice storm, full-on freezing rain that attached itself with a vengeance to every outdoor surface.  The resulting damage to trees meant that over 50% of the households in our tiny town suffered power outages.


This was officially the longest I have been without power in my adult life.  And what does a sewing gal do without power?  Well, for awhile I just watched the storm while hunkered down under a cozy quilt.  Eventually, however, I had to resort to hand sewing. Not my favorite activity, and one I usually put off.



Spent much of the weekend making big-stitch progress on my Barnyard Play Quilt. 


Very slow going, but very zen at the same time (especially with no music or tv as background accompaniment).  And so I am linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching



And yet, as one of my fellow introverted friends said of the weekend, "I appreciated all the quiet brought about by the storm."

2 comments:

  1. I love that line from your friend! So glad you enjoyed some slow stitching... hopefully you were able to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you enjoyed your quiet time. it is sometimes a nice change from the usual.

    ReplyDelete