Friday, February 15, 2013

Use it up!

I'm all about using things up lately.  I pieced the back of one of my WIP baby quilts specifically to use up all of a piece of fabric I've had in my stash since the late 1980s.
Turquoise zebra stripe - when was that last popular?
 Final border on this same quilt was pieced with the remains of another ancient stash fabric: a light blue cloud print.  I actually altered the star piecing of the border because I didn't have enough of the fabric to complete it as designed.  But I used up all of the blue fabric in the process.  Win!

And, as I was machine quilting on the front of said baby quilt, I chose to use an almost-empty spool of yellow thread that I thought might not make it through all the portions of the quilt that need to be yellow.

Done stitching - with thread to spare!

Oh yeah - yellow thread in all the right places
I was willing to run out of thread (and finish one or two stars with quilting in off-white), so I didn't feel like it was taking too big of a risk.

Less stuff makes me feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment