Thursday, December 13, 2012

Buck-a-block November complete

So much less drama this year in the buck-a-block BOTM project.  Using the actual fabrics that are provided each month means I have no angst-y decisions to make about which fabrics from my scrap bins will work best.  It's just a smooth, relatively quick process to cut everything out and sew together a single block.

Whew.  So this is what it feels like to be uncomplicated.  I hardly know what to do with myself.

Maple Star, 2 versions
Start to finish on the block sewing was completed during Late Night at The Crow.  An uncomplicated 9" block to sew together.  My sewing friend Ann Lindsey showed off her finished block, with a black/rust colorway for the border.  It sure helps the block have a sense of purpose.

I recently looked more closely at my fat quarter collection, and realized I am overflowing with choices for a scrappy border to each block.  Still no inspiration though, so I'll keep waiting with my little block centers.

No comments:

Post a Comment