Sunday, December 23, 2012

Art, op-art, inspiration

Just love the art display in the high school.  Students were making art using various linear patterns.


And my favorite...

Isn't it darling?  OK, maybe I am swayed by the rainbow theme.  But it's pretty cool the way those wavy lines so clearly convey the shape of the hands.

So this art inspired me to think of fabric (of course).  Went looking on the internet for an op-art quilt I had seen some time ago...

Found the original post I had seen by Allison at Sew and Tell Quilts.  She referenced her inspiration as "Log Cabin with a Lens" from Lerusisik in Russia.  Both are beautiful op-art designs very much like the black-and-white art piece above.

So, further digging: how could I make one of these designs?  There's a book!

(c) 2012, Marilyn Doheny Designs
"Op-Art Quilts" by Marilyn Doheny features the design seen above, as well as many others.  I'm keeping it in mind--along with all the other ideas out there that inspire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment