Sunday, September 2, 2012

Buck-a-block August complete

Month 12 of the year-long Buck-a-block: it's a wrap!
My red/pink/black colorway version of Cups and Saucers, a block we had already made back in April, but whose components can be rearranged multiple ways to give different block looks.  I'm lovin it.

 And, starting to plan for putting the blocks together, I pulled out my Kona black and white solids.  Want to put borders on each block, alternating colors.  Sweetie helped me see that the blocks with the black borders will stand out more, while the white-bordered blocks will tend to fade back a bit.  
Maybe you can see this stand-out vs. fade-back effect in the two blocks pictured.  Excellent: I *love* three of the blocks in this colorway, and feel more "meh" about the other three.  Makes the decision of which frame color to put on each block easy.

Blocks complete.  There's a baby quilt in the not-too-distant future!

No comments:

Post a Comment