Sunday, August 12, 2012

Belated project report for July

Quilter's Yard Sale was yesterday.  I took 5 bins with me and returned with only 1!  Doesn't mean I sold a whole heck of a lot: made a whopping $27, after paying for the table space.  But, I only bought one item (a booklet to make *adorable* pincushions), and I was willing to take almost everything else to Goodwill or M.E.C.C.A. (a nonprofit for exchanging arts-and-crafts materials).

I feel lighter.  Free of fabric that whispered to me about things I "should" be working on, given how long said fabric had been in the attic.  Yay.

Project report
Finished the Oakie wardrobe in July, made a 4th of July block for my friend Kennette, and let go of one more UFO.  (I sold a partially completed cloche hat at the quilter's yard sale!)  I think that makes great progress on the overall "have less stuff" adventure.  Especially since I am noticing that many of my sewing friends seem to take it easy in the summer--vacations, longer days and the great outdoors compete for our attentions.

Monthly project count...
Completed projects this Month:  5
Completed projects Year to Date:  12
New projects this Month:  1
New projects Year to Date: 11
Discarded/donated projects (farewell!): 8
Net Project Count for 2012: -9



Only a couple more weeks until school is back in session.  I am trying to stay stress-free as my summer break winds to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment