Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Eat That Frog!

"If the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is eat a live frog, then nothing worse can happen for the rest of the day"

--Mark Twain

I started listening to "Eat That Frog!", an audio book by Brian Tracy on maximizing your personal effectiveness.  He uses the above quote, attributed to Mark Twain, to say that you should start your day by tackling your single most important (and often put-off because it's so big, or scary) To Do item.  And, if you have to eat 2 frogs on some particular day, you should eat the biggest, ugliest one first.




Well, I have been tackling for two days now, and something seems to be working.  At least a tiny bit.  I made a list of the things that still need to be cleaned up on my master's thesis, and worked on the top two items in the mornings.  Today's item is: The Math.  You might think that was the biggest, ugliest part of my paper, but I actually had a good start on that section already.

I know that Wednesday is Anti-Procrastination Day on the FlyLady system, but I kind of like Brian Tracy's idea to anti-procrastinate every day.

What are you gonna do to jump-start your day today?  What kind of frog are you facing?

No comments:

Post a Comment