Monday, June 25, 2012

Bin #2: quilter's yard sale

I'm pleased to announce that I have cleared out a second bin of fabrics and projects.  Gone.  Banished to the garage to await the Quilter's Yard Sale in August.  Yay!

Here's what I am getting rid of: fabrics from my stash that I can't envision using (in the photo you can see a turquoise plaid flannel and an inexpensive black cotton with stars), a couple fat quarters that I just don't like, old quilt magazines

Basically, I spent an evening going through all my fabric boxes.  Some of the fabrics in there are 20 years old.  Many fabrics were purchased for garment sewing--which I don't do as much anymore.  Some fabrics, colors and styles have just gone out of fashion (drapey rayon skirts, anyone?)  Oh, and the corduroys!  I have a lovely 5-yard specimen of coral/peach corduroy.  I can't picture making anything out of it.

I'm sure I have more fabrics I could get rid of, but this will have to do for now.  If I could actually get some sewing momentum, I might use up some fabric by actually sewing with it.  Now, there's a concept.

Remember the goal: have less stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment